Have you ever lost a check or book of checks? This can be very frightening because it opens the door to potential fraud. Fortunately, there’s a Stop Check feature in Elevations’ online banking that helps you take control over lost checks.
Stopping payment on a check is usually possible any time before the check has been cashed. Once the check has been cashed by the recipient, you won’t be able to make a stop payment with Elevations.
To use the Stop Check feature in Online Banking:
- Log into Elevations Online Banking.
- Click the “Product and Services” dropdown menu.
- Select the “Stop Payment” option.
- Choose the Suffix you want to stop payment from in the Account dropdown menu.
- Fill out the check number(s) and amount of the check(s).
- Click the “Submit” button.
You may also want to inform the recipient of the check that you’ve put a stop on the payment and, if needed, consider an alternate form of payment.
Why use Online Banking to stop payment on a check versus going into a branch or calling our Contact Center? Not only is Online Banking available 24/7, it also saves you money. You’ll only be charged a $15 fee to stop a check in Online Banking versus a $31 fee for in-branch or over-the-phone requests.
If you have questions or need assistance using the Online Banking Stop Check feature, stop by a branch today or give us a call at 303-443-4672.