Many Coloradans, like others across the country, saw the pandemic as an opportunity to reevaluate their work and decided to take the plunge into owning their own businesses. According to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Q4 2021’s Small Business Index score is 63.0, the highest score since the start of the pandemic.* While this score shows cautious optimism for 2022, small businesses are still being impacted by staffing shortages, supply chain issues and the rise of inflation.
To help small business owners on the Front Range of Colorado we want to share some of the resources available to them to make 2022 a successful year, whether it is their first year in business or their 40th.
Colorado Office of Economic Development & International Trade
The Colorado Office of Economic Development & International Trade offers several resources for small businesses including grants, training and certifications, technical assistance and marketing support.
- Grants – Grants offered in a variety of sectors including technology, nonprofits and the arts.
- Colorado Business Resource Book – The complete guide to help you start and run a business in Colorado.
- Colorado.com Advertising Opportunities – This program helps businesses and tourism partners advertise on Colorado.com.
- Colorado Opportunity Zone Program – This federal program gives investors tax incentives for investing in real estate projects in designated low-income communities, which encourages long-term investments.
- Bid Advance Response Program – This is a 6-month mentoring program to help small minority-, women-, and veteran-owned businesses understand and win government bids.
Find more Colorado Office of Economic Development & International Trade resources here.
Colorado Small Business Development Center Network
The Colorado Small Business Development Center Network is dedicated to helping new and existing small businesses in Colorado prosper through free and confidential consulting as well as no- or low-cost training programs.
- Interactive resource tools – Free tools for small businesses from human resources to managing your finances and developing a business plan.
- Boulder Small Business Development Center
- Larimer Small Business Development Center
- North Metro Denver Small Business Development Center
Find more information and resources from the Colorado Small Business Development Center Network here.
U.S. Small Business Administration
The U.S. Small Business Administration is the only cabinet-level federal U.S. agency dedicated to small businesses. It offers resources including funding and COVID-19 relief, federal contracting, an online learning platform and local assistance.
- Women’s Business Centers – Supports female entrepreneurs with free and low-cost counseling and training to start, grow or expand their business.
- Veterans Business Outreach Center (VBOC) Program – Resources for veterans interested in starting or growing a small business.
- Contracting assistance programs – Programs to help ensure at least 23 percent of all federal contracting dollars are won by small businesses each year.
- Learning Platform – SBA’s digital learning platform has everything from entrepreneurial best practices to available financing options.
Find more resources from the U.S. Small Business Administration here.
Elevations Business Banking Team
Another resource available to you on the Front Range of Colorado is the Elevations Business Banking Team. Have questions about small business banking, business loans and lines of credit, expanding your business, buying a building for your business or general questions? Our Elevations Business Banking Relationship Managers are here to help.
Schedule an appointment or reach out to one of our experienced Business Banking Relationship Managers.