We are amazed by the support our Elevations Credit Union members continue to show our community during the COVID-19 crisis. Your dedication to helping others through volunteer work, innovation and donations is truly remarkable. To support these efforts, Elevations Foundation and Elevations Credit Union launched the Local Change for COVID-19 Relief program in Summer 2020.
In 2020, the Elevations Community Relief Fund provided more than $150,000. Elevations Foundation maximized your donation through partnerships with local organizations that are delivering funds and support to first responders, medical staff and their families, and those directly impacted by COVID-19.
Your donations provided support to impacted individuals and families in our community. These funds worked to mitigate the crisis across the northern Front Range in three areas: Northern Colorado, Boulder County and Southeast of Boulder County. Plus, Elevations Credit Union matched all donations made in 2020 so that each penny went even further. While the Local Change for COVID-19 Relief program with Local Change ended in December 2020 you can still sign up for Local Change to make an impact in our community.
What is Local Change?
Local Change is a round-up option for Elevations members, allowing them to easily donate the “extra change” from their daily debit card purchases to support community change. All proceeds go through Elevations Foundation, a 501(c)3 nonprofit supporting area organizations providing important services to our community.
By opting into Local Change, members are committing to ongoing donations and support for these organizations, allowing the nonprofits to focus their efforts on making community change instead of raising funds.
How does Local Change work?
It’s easy for Elevations members to enroll in Local Change.
- Enroll. Enrolling takes less than 2 minutes. Plus, you can set a cap on your monthly contributions to meet what you’re comfortable with.
- Spend. Use your Elevations Credit Union debit card to make purchases.
- Donate. Each day, a single donation for the cumulative amount of round-up purchases posted the prior day will be transferred from your checking account to Elevations Foundation.
How Local Change for COVID-19 Relief worked
- Elevations members enrolled in Local Change to have their transactions rounded up to the next dollar each time they used their debit card to make a purchase.
- Rounded up change automatically went to support Elevations Foundation’s COVID-19 relief efforts.
- Each month, Elevations Foundation used all the proceeds from Local Change to support two local nonprofits providing essential services during the crisis
- Through the end of 2020, Elevations Credit Union matched all Local Change donations.
Who you supported in 2020
“The funding from Elevations [Foundation] made it possible for us to continue providing childcare to those families who need it most to keep working in an essential role or other critical life circumstances.”– Debbie Pope, YWCA Boulder
“It has been a record-breaking year in food distribution for Community Food Share. The support from Elevations Credit Union [Local Change] has allowed us to provide enough food for over 30,000 meals back into our community – thank you for your continued support!”– Dina Koebler, Community Food Share
The more Elevations members who enrolled in Local Change, the more we helped our community get through this crisis. It is truly inspiring to see.
If you’re not an Elevations member, there are still ways for you to help. We’re all in this together. You can contact these crucial organizations and ask how you can volunteer your time or resources.
Ready to give back in an easy way for the new year? Enroll in Local Change and help Elevations Foundation provide scholarships to college-bound Colorado high school seniors and community grants to local nonprofits.