At Elevations Foundation, November is Community Grants month. This year, we awarded grants to 20 organizations, an all-time high for Elevations Foundation. These grants go to nonprofits who serve our community in one of three areas: environmental education and sustainability, early childhood development or mental health. This year there are familiar faces and some new (to us) nonprofits that are strengthening our community in innovative ways.
Environmental Education and Sustainability
- Blue Star Recyclers – We are delighted to welcome Blue Star Recyclers to the Elevations Foundation grant program. In 2017 they opened a facility in Boulder in partnership with Eco-Cycle to ethically recycle electronics while creating employment opportunities for people with autism and other disabilities.
- Cal-Wood – Our friends at Cal-Wood in Jamestown continue to provide life-changing experiences for Colorado youth and their families. We are proud to support their science-based environmental education program.
- Earth’s Table – Boulder-based Earth’s Table is an all-volunteer nonprofit community of concerned citizens working to eliminate hunger in Boulder County. We’re happy to help them buy farm equipment to grow food for people with food insecurity.
- Growe Foundation – The Growe Foundation in Louisville is committed to using experiential gardens to educate children about the benefits of healthy eating and environmental stewardship. With support from Elevations Foundation, they will continue their good work in the Boulder Valley School District.
- Growing Gardens – The Children’s Peace Garden Program at Growing Gardens in Boulder serves children ages 3-11 through hands-on, place-based activities that reconnect children with the earth. Elevations Foundation funding will allow them to ensure that low-income children can receive the same high-quality programming as children at higher income schools.
- Ocean First Institute – We are happy to support our new friends at Ocean First Institute as they bring the importance of protecting ocean environments to students in our land-locked state through in-school environmental education in the Boulder Valley and St. Vrain Valley School Districts.
Early Childhood Development
- Healthy Learning Paths – We are excited to welcome Healthy Learning Paths in Westminster to the Elevations Foundation family as they connect kids and the power of health. Elevations Foundation support will allow them to expand their health education program for first graders.
- Read Aloud Loveland – Longtime Elevations Foundation grantee Read Aloud Loveland continues their volunteer-based program of providing books and basic literacy skills to preschool-aged children, and educating parents and adult caregivers on how to read aloud to young children and the importance of doing so.
- TLC Learning Center – Longmont-based TLC Learning Center has supported the cognitive, physical and social-emotional development of children for over 50 years. We are pleased to help make their year-round early childhood development program available to children of all abilities and family income levels.
- Voices for Children – We are happy to provide our first support to Voices for Children in Boulder, as they provide highly trained volunteers to advocate for and support children who are victims of abuse or neglect. As abuse cases continue to rise, we are helping them grow to meet this increasing need.
- Westminster Legacy Foundation – The Westminster Legacy Foundation is helping the City of Westminster create an innovative Nature Playground for children to make life healthier (and more fun!) for our local kids. We can’t wait to play on it, too.
- Wild Plum Center – Longmont-based Wild Plum Center has been providing early childhood education and developmental services to Longmont’s low-income families since 1965. We’re proud to support their continuum of care services for children ages birth to 5.
- WOW! Children’s Museum – WOW! Children’s Museum in Lafayette engages all families in educational, hands-on experiences that connect curiosity, creativity and discovery. Support from Elevations Foundation will provide financial assistance for low-income family memberships to WOW!
- Alliance for Suicide Prevention of Larimer County – Fort Collins-based Alliance for Suicide Prevention of Larimer County works to prevent suicide by raising awareness, educating and training youth and adults about suicide, and providing resources and support to those who have been impacted. We are happy to continue supporting their Raising Awareness of Personal Power program, which targets middle and high school students.
- The Center for Family Outreach – In Fort Collins, The Center for Family Outreach provides one-on-one case management, prevention, education and early intervention for youth and families ages 8-18. Elevations Foundation support will provide program scholarships for low-income families and individuals.
- Early Childhood Council of Larimer County – We are proud to continue our support for Fort Collins-based Early Childhood Council of Larimer County and their LEAP Coalition, a multi-partner initiative to strengthen and connect mental health services for young children in Larimer County.
- FRIENDS of Broomfield – Dedicated to enhancing communities by creating opportunities for individuals with developmental disabilities, FRIENDS of Broomfield offers an innovative and person-centered approach. Grant support will provide staff training and tools for mental health service providers.
- Healing Warriors – Healing Warriors in Fort Collins advances individual well-being for veterans and their families through evidence-based complementary care services and education. We are pleased to support their free trauma session series program care for veterans and their spouses/partners/parents.
- Ignite Adaptive Sports – Boulder-based Ignite Adaptive Sports provides safe, fun and affordable instruction in snow sports to people with cognitive and physical disabilities to enhance their lives. We are pleased to provide our first grant to support their efforts.
- Second Wind Fund of Boulder County – Last but not least, Second Wind Fund of Boulder County works to decrease the incidence of suicide by removing financial and social barriers to treatment for at risk youth. We are proud to support their youth counseling services.
Congratulations to these 20 exceptional local nonprofits!
Please consider supporting Elevations Foundation as we continue our work with grants for nonprofits and scholarships for local students. Elevations Foundation creates opportunities for a better community.